If I could take one (makeup/skincare) product with me on a deserted island, this would be the one. Laneige's Water Sleeping Pack_EX.
... and sunscreen. I'll probably need that too.
I'm not a "gasp" person. I never thought that any product would be so good, it'd make me go all "GASPP!!" But the first time I applied this mask and looked in the mirror the morning after, I swear I did. My skin had been red, splotchy and dull the day before, but this product made it amazing. In just the first use, it made my skin brighter, softer and a whole lot less red.
So, without any further ado, I present to you: Laneige's famous, "Water Sleeping Pack _EX".
[CLICK TO READ MORE!~]
Note: The box I have in the pictures is a limited edition (called "Unexpected Present from Laneige"), and the packaging design on the tub will not be found in the normal Laneige sleeping pack tubs. I've owned the "normal" versions of this product, as well. The quality of the packaging does not differ, whether it be "normal" or limited edition.
The tub itself is hardy, strong and won't break if dropped. Seriously - I've dropped it so many times, it's ridiculous.
It came with an instruction and basic information sheet, and a mini scooper/spatula.
I know this isn't necessary at all in this review, but I just needed to include these pictures. The following pictures are of a previous, limited edition version of this product. The packaging is just SO BEAUTIFUL, I needed to include this here. How gorgeous is this?!
Okay, pic spam done. Sorry, had to get that out of my system!~ :D
Product description and benefits
This is an 80mL tub - you can purchase sample sizes on Sasa, Amazon or eBay. If you go to a Laneige/Amore Pacific boutique and purchase a lot stuff, you may receive (the sample size version) as a gift.
This night mask is for all skin types, and is described as a "light gel-type texture provides intensive hydration, vitality, and brightening effect while restoring skin with deep relaxation"
Prices (for 80mL tub)
Sasa: $30 (Can go as low as $26, when it's on sale)
Amazon: $20-35 (The lowest I've seen is $20, from seller A-poly)
Night time skin transmission (permeability) shows higher rate than the one in the day time.
Applying it right before sleep time, the best state for the skin transmission according to the skin circadian rhythm, maximizes the efficiency of overnight water supply.
The function of skin remarkably declines in the night time. Enriched with Beta-glucan, Water Sleeping Pack_EX deeply hydrates fatigue and dry skin while Ceramide SLN formula strengthens the skin barrier.
With containing the Snow Water, it helps to keep your skin look more crystal clear and vitalized.
- Antioxidant effect of Hunza Apricot Extracts helps brighten skin tone evenly by removing harmful oxygen and purifying skin.
- Recoverine from Chestnuts promotes turnovers of horny layers to remove dead cells away for vigorous water supply and sleek skin texture.
- An aromatic essence compound exclusively developed by AMOREPACIFIC, "Sleepscent", helps to relax your mind and body and derive for a good sleep. A good sleep effect allowing sufficient relaxation eventually reinforces skin restoration for healthier skin condition. Essential oils from Orange Flower, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Sandal Wood etc. are contained in the Sleepscent™.
- Light gel-type texture without stickiness but moisture leaves you a comfortable sleep.
1. In the evening, follow the face relaxing massage after applying skin refiener and emulsion after face wash.
2. After taking appropriate amount(2.5cm in diameter recommended), mark on nose tipe, cheeks, forehead, and chin areas, and feel the scent for about 3 seconds.
3. Gently spread over the face from inner part to outer part along the skin texture.
4. Go to sleep after absorption without rinsing off. (Wash face in the next morning)
The first time I saw the product, I remember thinking "...It's blue...". I had very, very sensitive skin at the time (I still do, pretty much), and the slightest change in skincare, makeup or touching my face would cause it to break out.
The colour of the product did put me off, because I thought that whatever the heck was making it blue would make my face... pimply and red. But no worries! It didn't, not even in the slightest.
The mask is not sticky at all. It won't make your face (or pillow) sticky and feeling gross. It's actually very lightweight and liquidy. It gives it a pleasant cooling sensation, smells so amazing and absorbs very quickly.
For such a great product, I would definitely say that the price was worth it! A little goes a long way with this product (IT REALLY DOES).You don't need to put on a liberal, huge amount. Even if you use a tiny bit (1.5 cm in diameter dollop), it does everything it says it will, and then some. It's not a hassle to use, and gives my face a brighter, healthier glow in just the next morning.
If you have dry skin, you can use more than your usual amount. I've had some pretty serious cold burns on my face, and sometimes they're painful to the point where I can't wash/put lotion on without flinching in pain. When I use too much Differin 0.3% (or any strong acne products), it'll practically burn off my face and make it red, flaky and insanely painful.
This product, although it still stings slightly when applied to extremely dry skin, is the ONLY thing that helps my face during such times.
The only thing I would warn you about is this: Don't overuse it.
The recommended use is 1-2 times a week. If you use it more than this, your skin can get used to this mask and not work as well as when you first started.
- Affordable (It's pricier than Skinfood, Holika, Etude, or Face Shop, though.)
- Easy to find, because it's so popular
- Healthier, brighter, glowing skin in just 1 use
- Lightweight, soothing feeling. Isn't heavy on the face
- Doesn't break me out
- Last a long time (no need to purchase many times, one tub can last me 8+ months.)
- May be sold out from some online stores (but they restock very quickly - this is a bestseller)
Repurchase? Of course!~
What about you?
Have you tried this product? Did it work for you, and did you like it?